ParkFans Logo

Hersheypark lists Roller Soaker for sale

Hersheypark has unofficially confirmed the removal of Roller Soaker at the end of the 2012 season. They've listed it for sale here for the very cheap price of $799,000. Now what could this bring to the table for 2013? I don't know but there's a lot of space open in the boardwalk now, so maybe some new slides?
Roller Soaker did not take up a lot of space. And it's actually squeezed in between the back of Tidal Force and the Wave Pool, and the park's boundary on Park Ave. They could probably add a few more water slides there.
So they're deciding to remove a one of a kind roller coaster? Wow, Way to go Hersheypark.

A resident Screwball since 2011!
(08/21/12 12:03pm)Sly4Good Wrote:  So they're deciding to remove a one of a kind roller coaster? Wow, Way to go Hersheypark.

a one of a kind coaster that was slouching in popularity and has been experiencing reliability issues in its latter years. So yeah, way to go Hersheypark!
Thanks given by:  Haberdasher1973, Unagi
Who would buy it? Im thinking Kd would like to try and squeeze it in their water park
Because it HAS to be in a water park. :facepalm:
(08/21/12 12:17pm)Atlantis Wrote:  Because it HAS to be in a water park. :facepalm:

http://www.rcdb.com/598.htm?p=0

Thing is Cedar Fair parks already have experience with Setpoint, and they didn't exactly mesh well.
You get soaked on that thing. Watch a pov of it. You get more wet than you do on roman rapids
(08/21/12 12:19pm)B.Mac Wrote:  http://www.rcdb.com/598.htm?p=0

Thing is Cedar Fair parks already have experience with Setpoint, and they didn't exactly mesh well.

Dudley Do Right's, Kali River Rapids, etc all make sure not a square millimeter of you is dry.
Thanks given by:  Unagi, b.mac
It honestly looks really boring. It goes super slow. Anyone ever ride it?
(08/21/12 12:19pm)smitty915 Wrote:  You get soaked on that thing. Watch a pov of it. You get more wet than you do on roman rapids

That doesn't mean it has to go to a water park, and you're totally ignoring the horrible capacity and uptime of the ride. Not to mention the park buying this ride is going to have to drop twice the price in order to update the hardware, too.
08/21/12 at 04:14pm in Hersheypark lists Roller Soaker for sale (Latest Edit: 08/21/12 at 11:12pm by Unagi.)
(08/21/12 12:09pm)B.Mac Wrote:  
(08/21/12 12:03pm)Sly4Good Wrote:  So they're deciding to remove a one of a kind roller coaster? Wow, Way to go Hersheypark.

a one of a kind coaster that was slouching in popularity and has been experiencing reliability issues in its latter years. So yeah, way to go Hersheypark!

On my last two visits to the park over the past two summers Roller Soaker's line was practically non-existent. Popularity for this coaster has waned drastically over the years especially with the opening of the Boarwalk and all its waterpark attractions. The ride has crap capacity as well. Hersheypark is better off removing it and adding something better.
Thanks given by:  b.mac, Shane
It's fun enough for a water park ride, but the crap capacity and terrible reliability issues is probably what is driving the park to pull it out.

I doubt, somehow, it'll be replaced with anything that'll interest the majority of us. Though, in my eyes, that park can do no wrong. Hersheypark is the best. <3
Thanks given by:  b.mac
(08/22/12 05:29pm)HAJiME Wrote:  It's fun enough for a water park ride, but the crap capacity and terrible reliability issues is probably what is driving the park to pull it out.

I doubt, somehow, it'll be replaced with anything that'll interest the majority of us. Though, in my eyes, that park can do no wrong. Hersheypark is the best. <3

And that's why I say water slides, since there seems to be only one or two water park enthusiasts in these forums...
(08/22/12 10:41pm)B.Mac Wrote:  And that's why I say water slides, since there seems to be only one or two water park enthusiasts in these forums...

Water slides for the Boardwalk area makes the most sense. That place is crazy packed in the summer. I remember going there in early August for the first three years the Boardwalk was open and almost everyone in the park seemed to be in that area. Lightning Racer and Wildcat both were walk-ons and Stormrunner had a less than 20 minute wait. The only coaster that had a significant line was Great Bear.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |