ParkFans Logo

Forum Rules (Last Update: 02/13/2015)

08/02/12 at 09:16am in Forum Rules (Last Update: 02/13/2015) (Latest Edit: 02/13/15 at 08:55pm by Nicole.)
Last Update: 02/13/2015
Rules
07/08/13 at 04:18pm in Forum Rules (Last Update: 02/13/2015) (Latest Edit: 07/08/13 at 06:50pm by Shane.)
Rules Updated as of 7/8/2013

(08/02/12 09:16am)Rules Wrote:  Excessive use of smilies and punctuation in posts is not allowed. What constitutes excessive is not solidly defined and will be judged on a case by case basis. Removal of the post will not be the action taken in the vast majority of cases, simply an edit of the post to reduce the number of smilies and punctuation.

We added punctuation to this rule as we are seeing a lot more of this: !!!!!!!!!!! in posts. One or two !! is ok.

(08/02/12 09:16am)Rules Wrote:  Please keep non-topic banter and comedy to a minimum, some comedy is acceptable but don't let it get out of hand.

We all like to have fun but lately we have had pages upon pages of posts that really don't relate to the topic and contain mostly jokes and memes. The occasional joke or meme is allowed but lets keep it in check so it doesn't get out of hand.

(08/02/12 09:16am)Rules Wrote:  Do not create a thread/post for personal promotion or gain without prior permission.

I won't call out any names but please don't create a thread to tell everyone a personal announcement or to celebrate about something not related to the site. This explanation is not all inclusive and this rule may cover other things related to personal promotion. In other words the forum is not your blog, if you want to create a blog there are site like WordPress and BlogSpot for that.

(08/02/12 09:16am)Rules Wrote:  No referral links or online petitions - ie. Do Not post links intended to promote outside business or causes. Special permission may be granted upon request.

I got a question about this one via PM so I thought I would elaborate on it. It is not a new rule.

(08/02/12 09:16am)Rules Wrote:  Font size can not be "large," please keep it the default size or smaller.

Self explanatory, it is very distracting.

------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions about the rules please PM me!

Thanks

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | Coaster Count
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Planeteer, Ben
07/15/13 at 10:58pm in Forum Rules (Last Update: 02/13/2015) (Latest Edit: 07/15/13 at 11:00pm by Zachary.)
The admins have agreed on a few more updates to the forum rules in our never-ending quest to make the community a better place. As always, both the changes below and the existing rules are all up for discussion. Site staff may do most of the work, but the forum truly belongs to the community so, by all means, speak up if you have a problem with anything here or feel that something needs to be added.

Anyway, the notable changes from today are quoted below.

Quote:Personal insults against any forum member, site staff, park employee, etc. will not be tolerated.

This one is pretty simple but needed in light of recent events.

Quote:The calling out by name or position of any park employee who has not stepped into the public spotlight (via interviews, presentations, etc) is not allowed.

This basically just means lower-level park employees should not be called out or identified on the forum. Anyone who has stepped into the public spotlight is fair game. That said, the rule above about personal insults still very much applies. As always, keep it civil. If you need a punching bag, I'm sure you can pick one up at your local Walmart.

Quote:Excessive use of strong language is prohibited and will be judged on a case-by-case basis.

Nothing new here really- just a bit of clarification added to the rule. What is considered excessive is up to the moderator/park manager/admin reading it and, if it is seen as excessive, the offending language will likely just be edited out- that is, unless it violates the first new rule in this post in which case further action will likely be taken.

Quote:All content should be safe for work. If you wouldn't want your mother to see it, don't post it.

When in doubt, forward it to your mother and ask her.

Quote:Do not post the same content across multiple threads unless it is completely necessary.

This is an important piece of forum etiquette that I felt the need to turn into a true rule. There are times when something needs to be put in multiple threads but those times are few and far between. The vast majority of the time you can probably pick which thread it fits best in. Like some of the other rules in the first post, there's nothing fundamentally wrong with breaking this rule, but there's a pretty good chance it could get one of the duplicate posts hidden.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
Thanks given by:  CastleOSullivan, Gavin, Mushroom, Planeteer, Owls R A Hoot
07/16/13 at 11:25am in Forum Rules (Last Update: 02/13/2015) (Latest Edit: 03/26/14 at 11:23pm by Shane.)
I think the rule regarding NSFW needs to be specified for HoS. Users have been able to post NSFW content on the forums from the park before, I think the rule should be amended to make it clear that HoS content can still be posted on the forums.
07/16/13 at 11:27am in Forum Rules (Last Update: 02/13/2015)
Howl-O-Scream content is safe for work.

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
07/16/13 at 11:29am in Forum Rules (Last Update: 02/13/2015)
Depends on where you work...

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Thanks given by:  Pretzel Kaiser, destroyer421, Julia
07/16/13 at 11:30am in Forum Rules (Last Update: 02/13/2015)
Just put the pictures of the nurses in a spoiler tag.

Yes, horror, fright, gore! We need more EVIL!
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Julia
07/16/13 at 11:35am in Forum Rules (Last Update: 02/13/2015)
Since when are the HoS Nurses inappropriate? Come on people. Common sense.

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Thanks given by:  Julia
07/16/13 at 11:40am in Forum Rules (Last Update: 02/13/2015)
(07/16/13 11:35am)Shane Wrote:  Since when are the HoS Nurses inappropriate? Come on people. Common sense.

Since 2011.
07/16/13 at 11:44am in Forum Rules (Last Update: 02/13/2015)
The post in question is stating an opinion that they are inapproriate for the park in general. That does not mean that HoS content is breaking site rules.

07/16/13 at 11:50am in Forum Rules (Last Update: 02/13/2015)
As long as the admins are on record stating that HoS content can be posted on the forums, that's all I want then.
07/16/13 at 11:53am in Forum Rules (Last Update: 02/13/2015) (Latest Edit: 07/16/13 at 11:54am by Shane.)
(07/16/13 11:50am)Pretzel Kaiser Wrote:  As long as the admins are on record stating that HoS content can be posted on the forums, that's all I want then.

(07/16/13 11:27am)Zachary Wrote:  Howl-O-Scream content is safe for work.

(07/16/13 11:35am)Shane Wrote:  Since when are the HoS Nurses inappropriate? Come on people. Common sense.

Thanks given by:  Zachary, Julia
07/16/13 at 12:03pm in Forum Rules (Last Update: 02/13/2015)
Yeah, that doesn't help much, but I suppose that's the most you'll do.
07/16/13 at 01:38pm in Forum Rules (Last Update: 02/13/2015)
I just took a picture of their posts saying HoS content is appropriate and if the situation arises I'll upload the pictures to remind them of what they said. I'll even send them over PM if anyone wants.
07/16/13 at 01:39pm in Forum Rules (Last Update: 02/13/2015) (Latest Edit: 07/16/13 at 01:40pm by Zachary.)
Clearly this is being taken much too seriously. Tongue We're not some tyrannical dictators- in fact, we're remarkably understanding. No one is going to get in trouble because they posted a picture taken at Howl-O-Scream.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |