ParkFans Logo
Can you see BGW buying the Brewery?
Yes, do it now!
No, not by a long shot.
See? What do you mean by see? I can't see anything!
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Something may be Brewing...

01/03/12 at 12:21am in Something may be Brewing... (Latest Edit: 01/03/12 at 12:37am by Gavin.)
We all know big things are coming to the park, be it Verbolten, the up and coming Resort, or the prospect of BGW opening it's doors to 365 operation. This thread is to discuss the simple question; What if BGW bought Anheuser-Busch Inbev's Williamsburg Brewery? This idea was floated in the BGWFans Chat room, by me about a week ago, and met some mixed responses. Some were for it, others were against it. Gwazi at Busch Gardens Tampa sits on the site of what was A-B's Tampa Brewery, so it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility.

Attached is the property info for A-B's Williamsburg Brewery. Look it over and share what you think.

Note: This is purely conjecture, this isn't a rumor or fact. I've also only included the parcel info for the brewery itself.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  AB Factory.pdf (Size: 189.98 KB / Downloads: 4691)
.pdf  AB Factory2.pdf (Size: 205.28 KB / Downloads: 3607)
Thanks given by:  Zachary
01/03/12 at 10:02am in Something may be Brewing...
I think that if they bought the brewery, it would be so that they could expand the park, but if they did do that, then we will start seeing some parking lot coasters (yuck!!!) to Busch because that land is all flat

Europe In The Air is the best ride ever... anyone who disagrees should be drug out to the street and shot... Wait... It's not here anymore... OR is it! :/ #EitAConspiracy
01/03/12 at 10:47am in Something may be Brewing... (Latest Edit: 01/03/12 at 10:47am by Griffon.)
old news....
oops you people didn't know that....retracted
01/03/12 at 02:16pm in Something may be Brewing...
(01/03/12 10:02am)cpt Awesome Wrote:  I think that if they bought the brewery, it would be so that they could expand the park, but if they did do that, then we will start seeing some parking lot coasters (yuck!!!) to Busch because that land is all flat

Because regrading is impossible?
01/03/12 at 02:21pm in Something may be Brewing...
I just think Busch would not go through the work (and money!) to make a flat piece of land hilly

Europe In The Air is the best ride ever... anyone who disagrees should be drug out to the street and shot... Wait... It's not here anymore... OR is it! :/ #EitAConspiracy
01/03/12 at 02:22pm in Something may be Brewing...
01/03/12 at 02:23pm in Something may be Brewing...
Funny.

01/03/12 at 02:51pm in Something may be Brewing... (Latest Edit: 01/03/12 at 02:52pm by Zachary.)
Well remember, like Gavin said in the first post, Gwazi is built on the former site of Tampa's brewery.

If this did happen, I doubt it'd be used for park expansion though.

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
01/03/12 at 03:09pm in Something may be Brewing...
(01/03/12 02:21pm)cpt Awesome Wrote:  I just think Busch would not go through the work (and money!) to make a flat piece of land hilly

They did it with the park. The land used to be fairly flat. The Rhine River is man made and the dirt from it was used elsewhere in the park to create hills.
01/03/12 at 04:34pm in Something may be Brewing...
I highly doubt the brewery would be purchased. The land there is just too far out to really be used for anything other than parking lots.

However, if they did buy it and wanted to use it to the parks advantage, these things come to mind.

1. More parking lots for everyone!

2. Move all the backstage stuff such as employee parking, administrative offices, etc. to that area and replace the current ones with some expansion.

However, like I said, VERY unlikely.
01/03/12 at 07:02pm in Something may be Brewing...
just like the resort 2 years ago was very unlikely...
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Parkgoer
01/03/12 at 10:08pm in Something may be Brewing...
Let's add a twist to this...What if instead of the land being used for BGW, it was used for a new SeaWorld park?
01/03/12 at 10:31pm in Something may be Brewing...
The brewery site on too small land for a completely other park, there just wouldn't be room.

As for the resort, it was more likely than this. The resort makes more sense, and would be more profitable. However, I think the park is currently trying to put their next 5-year plan into action and while they commence that, they will start planning with the brewery if they truly are going to do anything with it.

By they way, the Oktoberfest plan took 5 years. 3 years to plan, 1 to open Mach Tower/Vanish Point, and 1 to open Verbolten. Now it is time for another 5-year to plan to reveal itself.
01/03/12 at 10:54pm in Something may be Brewing...
did they close that brewery down or something?

Yes, horror, fright, gore! We need more EVIL!
01/03/12 at 10:59pm in Something may be Brewing...
no...inbev has been in talks to close the williamsburg plant...closed door talks...

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |