The ParkFans Forum
General Quick Forum Questions - Printable Version

+- The ParkFans Forum (http://parkfans.net)
+-- Forum: The ParkFans Network (/forum-226.html)
+--- Forum: ParkFans.net (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: General Quick Forum Questions (/thread-2142.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

General Quick Forum Questions - Party Rocker - 06/29/13 10:47pm

I am designating a place to put simple and quick forum questions. Much like the Quick Park Questions thread in the Everything Else thread for BGW.

First question: Being Invisible on the Forums? Every so often I glance at the bottom of the main page and see such and such members online, so and so of whom are invisible, and this and that guests. How does a member become invisible on the forums?

RE: General Quick Forum Questions - Ben - 06/29/13 10:57pm

What the hell does warning level mean? I see it on my profile,

RE: General Quick Forum Questions - Zachary - 06/29/13 11:29pm

You can hide yourself from the "Who's Online" list here.

Warning level is how many warnings you've been given. Regardless, we've never really used the system.

RE: General Quick Forum Questions - Joe - 06/30/13 09:20am

Just being curious, but I'd assume that a 100% warning level could result in a ban (assuming it were actually used, that is Winking )? Ouch.

RE: General Quick Forum Questions - Shane - 06/30/13 09:27am

Yes that is correct

RE: General Quick Forum Questions - Joe - 06/30/13 06:13pm

(06/29/13 11:29pm)Zachary Wrote:  You can hide yourself from the "Who's Online" list here.
I find it pretty funny that, after this post, three of the members currently online are now invisible (at the time of my posting). Grinning

RE: General Quick Forum Questions - Zachary - 06/30/13 06:47pm

Just people trying to hide their addiction. Come on people- embrace it! Tongue

RE: General Quick Forum Questions - Joe - 07/10/13 03:01pm

Not sure where to put this, but I noticed that Party Rocker's number of posts is -15. Why on earth does it say that? I got confused and checked it on his profile, but it even says (negative so-and-so posts per day -- negative so-and-so% of total posts) there, too. Plus, in "Find Posts," all his posts are still there.

Not to be weird or cause confusion, I just thought this was strange and wondered what the heck was happening (maybe it has to do with his being banned?). Assuming it's just a bug or something - if this post better fits in the Bug Reports thread, someone can move it. Cool I've noticed this on other users briefly in the past, too, but they have since been fixed. Weird.

RE: General Quick Forum Questions - Joe - 07/10/13 03:20pm

Okay, not to double-post, but I have a more important, completely unrelated question.

Who/what is Testing Account? Just noticed him/it as a member (joined yesterday), with a signature of "This is an Administrative Testing Account." They had one post in a general discussion thread, but it looks like it has already been deleted. Is this spam that I shouldn't even be caring about, or is it actually something the admins are doing? Hmmm...

RE: General Quick Forum Questions - Zachary - 07/10/13 03:31pm

I'll get the post count fixed and the Testing Account is a secondary account Shane created yesterday to test some things out. No reason for worry.

RE: General Quick Forum Questions - Shane - 07/10/13 03:31pm

Hi Joe,
I created the testing account yesterday, we are using the account to so that we can see what things look like from a standard users point of view b/c Admins/Mods see different things then a normal user.

RE: General Quick Forum Questions - Joe - 07/10/13 03:37pm

Ah, thanks. No problem, I just tend to have an overly excessive sense of curiosity that drives other people bonkers. Good to know. Smiling

And Shane, now you'll get to see life on the forums the way we peasants see it! Tongue

RE: General Quick Forum Questions - Shane - 07/10/13 03:39pm

Party Rocker ended up with a negative post count because we deleted his announcement thread. It has been fixed thank you.

RE: General Quick Forum Questions - Ben - 07/13/13 08:06pm

When looking at "online", the name Google is listed almost all the time, what is that?

RE: General Quick Forum Questions - Gavin - 07/13/13 08:11pm

Google's web crawler indexing the site. Bing, Yahoo, Cloudflare, and several others will show up on occasion too.